I threw a baby shower here at my house this past weekend for my lovely friend Lauren. I had help from my friends Steffanie and Katie. I was really happy with how it turned out. Baby girl showers take less creativity for me because it just has to be fancy and pink. Well in my opinion, girl things should be fancy and pink. I am sure people disagree.
I even have pink chairs. Well correction, my Dad has pink chairs. Still not sure why, but nevertheless he does.
We made these chandeliers. Too bad you can hardly see them in the picture, but they were really cute. They were beasts to hang. That's because I used fishing line. Fishing line makes me insane with it's invisibility and flimsiness. Both great qualities for fishing. But extreme hardships for my fingers. Try tying a knot with fishing line and you will see what I mean.
Bougainvillea grows in abundance here in the springtime and it also looks amazing in a vase. I put a ton of it everywhere and I really loved how it tied everything together. Also, it is free, its most important quality.
Steffanie was in charge on the jars of pink lemonade. They were a hit, I feel thirsty just looking at this picture.
The menu:
spinach dip with bread and veggies
chicken salad and crescents
strawberry spinach salad
sun-dried tomato pasta salad
homemade oreos, raspberry shortbread cookies, cinnamon rolls, and lemon bars
pink lemonade
Macie waited patiently all afternoon to finally get her balloon. I brought home 12 balloons for decorations and the kids couldn't wait to get their hands on them. I told them they could get a balloon when the party was over. So Macie would ask me every half hour "Is it over yet?" When it was finally over and she got her balloon, she immediately took it to her room, laid down in front of the small t.v. playing "Frozen" and fell asleep, balloon string in hand. That was my favorite part of the day.
Today at church we were sitting behind an African American guy with a lot of braids in his hair. Macie told me over and over and over and over again "Your hair not look like that." And no matter how many times I said, "You are right, My hair does not look like that." she just kept on saying it. I think she was very impressed with all the little braids. Poor kid, maybe one day she will have enough hair to braid. Or put in a pony tail. Or do something with. But I love her Einstein hair, especially when she wakes up and it looks like she was electrocuted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment