This week at "Girls Club" Chloe and her friends created tardy slips and put them in this box with this sign. Chloe has plenty of experience with tardy slips.
"if you are late get one."
Chloe is my party planner. And I love all of her parties. A couple weeks ago I was taking a nap (well I take a nap every day, I just mean this nap was a couple weeks ago) and she kept bugging me to come out for a surprise. I finally forced myself out of my soft bed and in my living room she had created an "America Party." Chloe had Macie had been fighting over a small American flag, so Chloe decided to make her own American flags, which she had placed around the room with red streamers and other blue and white decor like gift wrapping bows. Then we played pin the carrot on the snowman, which she made, I have no idea what snowmen have to do with America, but it was fun. I think my favorite part was when Don went to the garage and got out our large American flag and we all waved flags while we listened to Neil Diamond's "They Coming to America."
Then the day after that we had a half-birthday party for Peach, the pink stuffed cat. She decorated her room and we marched around her birthday chair singing "Happy Birthday." Then of course we had ice cream and they blew out candles. The stuffed cat had a hard time with that. I asked Chloe if it was the cat's birthday or half birthday. She said half birthday, my conclusion being that this gives us a chance to have another birthday party for the cat in 6 months...or whenever she decides to change its birthday. Moments like these make me so giddy that I got these girls as daughters. They are the incredible little people.
In other news, someone got glasses. Well both of them got glasses. Can you guess which one has the real glasses?
It's Chloe. And I am having a hard time getting used to it. she looks SO old in them. And with her hair straightened, I just can't take it! Chloe has been telling me for a couple months that she couldn't see far away. After a few home vision tests, "like tell me what the clock says," I knew I better take her in. And she was right, she needed glasses. She sees 20/50 (whatever the heck that means). The Dr. told me she has a pretty high prescription for a 6 year old. : ( Chloe was excited, I however felt sad! She loves having glasses, and I envy those that can just wake up in the morning and see! I am grateful that she is happy about it, otherwise it would be more sad for me. And of course Macie felt left out, so she got some glasses as well. So we are a family of glasses now. (Macie is holding up Chloe's clip on earrings. she is too scared to get pierced ears, which is fine with me.)
And I don't think I have taken any pictures of my belly, so here it is in all of it's glory. I believe I am 22 weeks. I am trying to lose count. I was thinking yesterday how I wish time would go faster so I could get this baby out. But then I looked at pictures of my kids and said to myself, no SLOW DOWN time, they are growing up much too fast! I feel bad for the new baby, it is the 3rd baby curse, I was so good at documented everything about my other pregnancies in journals, but this baby...I am sorry son. Your mother got lazy. To save you money on therapy, it is not because I love you less. It is just because I got lazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment