Saturday, March 22, 2014

JoJo

Last week was a real treat for me. I've been in need of a good distraction, and last week I had a house full of visitors.  First Don's cousin that just got married, and her husband, came and stayed with us for a couple days.  We went out to their wedding a couple months ago in California. (Did I ever mention that?  Uh, that was a really fun, really fast 24 hour trip that Don, me and and Curtis took.  We stayed at a really nice hotel and really enjoyed their hot continental breakfast.  The kids stayed with Grandpa, and I ruined Chloe's life because she missed her friend's birthday party.  I have never felt that guilty in my life. )
Anyway, after they left, my childhood friend Jourdan came to visit.  She was a breath of fresh air. I stole her pictures, I hope she doesn't mind.  She stayed pretty busy with a work convention, but when she had free time, we made the most of it.
Don came with us to see "Saving Mr. Banks."  Which by the way, is NOT a comedy as advertised!  But it was really good even though it made me cry multiple times. We had pretty much a whole Saturday of girl fun.  We went for a walk to the park and then we went to Joe's Farm Grill and ate onion rings, a burger, sweet potato fries, and bbq chicken pizza  Then we went shopping and picked up snacks for her party she hosted at my house.  And through it all, we had great conversations about everything ranging from ridiculous to the meaning of life.
And after all the fun, the next morning she missed her flight back to Utah. Her flight was at 7 AM but Allegiant Airlines wouldn't let you check in past 6:15 AM. Lesson learned!  Luckily she found a ride back to Utah. (I was a little disappointed she didn't have to stick around a couple more days by default!)

No comments: