Monday, August 5, 2013

Another Mortifying Shopping Trip

First off, Chloe had her last swim meet of the season.  She beat all her times, or tied them.  She didn't place in the top 8, but we are proud of her for beating her own records.  Poor kid slammed her head into the edge of the pool doing backstroke.  I felt sort of responsible being that I told her to swim her fastest at the end and to not worry about slamming her head at the end, someone would catch her.  Well they didn't.  I guess swimming is a contact sport.  We would like her to keep swimming through the school year but she doesn't seem too keen on the idea.  She told me she wanted to not do swim meets anymore.  Guess she has more important things to do.  Like watch Netflix.  So we'll see.  

 I took the girls back to school shopping today.  Macie found a dog purse, a barbie, and a single lip gloss from heaven knows where (and ate the contents therein).  And Chloe found this outfit.  I strategically purged said purse and Barbie whilst she was distracted by something else shiny and new.
When we were checking out, I put Macie up on the counter while I paid.  Then I grabbed my bag and proceeded to leave.  As soon as I picked up my bag and removed Macie, the cashier got out Kleenex and instant hand sanitizer and proceeded to wipe down the counter where Macie had sat. Well I certainly felt like I belonged with the dregs of society.
I mean I get it, but sheesh it was a little humiliating.  She could have at least waited until I was out of eye sight!  Once again, another shopping trip with my kids where I bow my head in shame and book it to the nearest exit.  Also, it was Kohls.  Not Neiman Marcus.  So ya.  I guess we are gross.


No comments: