Friday, August 2, 2013


And as soon as summer started...it is ending.  School starts in less than a week.  But lucky for us, the heat will stick around much longer.
Chloe spent the last few days down in St. David with her cousins, having the time of her life. If you've read "These is My Words" than you will be interested in knowing this is the area in which the story takes place.  I just kept picturing Captain Jack Elliot on his horse, and then I would sigh.
  I went and picked Chloe up yesterday and stayed overnight.  We love it down there.  It is much cooler and the kids can play outside all day, riding the pro hauler and talking to the goats and cows. 
They wanted me to do their hair in princess buns, an appropriate hairstyle for life on the farm.
I told them to pose for a picture, and of course I didn't get the hair.  Chloe held up a mirror so that I could be in the picture...it was a nice thought.
Yesterday the kids picked up sticks in the pecan orchard and Grandpa paid them when we were leaving.  Macie was given a dollar, and she ripped it in half less than 5 minutes later.  That kid just doesn't understand the value of a dollar...or maybe she does.
We are so lucky to have fantastic grandparents, both sides.

No comments: