Monday, August 19, 2013

1. Camping
We went camping with our Ward this weekend.  And I have no pictures.  Because we didn't bring a camera.  And our phones were dead.  We also didn't bring working flashlights or an air mattress big enough to fit more than one person.  But we did bring the rest of our house for a "fun" trip that lasted less than 24 hours from start to finish.
Conclusion: Camping is so not worth it.
And today I got to clean the whole mess up.  I love cleaning dutch ovens!  Especially when you realize that you are not cleaning off cobbler cement, but rather taking the "season"off of the dutch oven. I'm sure the guy we borrowed the dutch oven from, will be glad to see his dutch oven looks brand new!
And thank goodness we went on a weekend with record heat, because what is more fun than escaping your air conditioned house to go sweat in a 96 degree forest!
The highlight of the trip was when Macie's chair fell over and she gashed her ear on a rock.  I couldn't figure out why her hair and face were all wet until a few hours later when she mournfully told me how she dropped her "wata boon" (water balloon).  So gathering what information I could from a 2 year old, I gathered that she fell backwards in her chair and the water balloon broke on impact as well as her ear getting sliced by a rock.  I thought she was crying so hard because of her ear, but now I wonder if she was crying out of grief for the loss of her treasured water balloon.  Poor Macie.

2.  Adam's girlfriend made us all mole last night for dinner.  Which was a very sweet thing to do.  I sat next to Chelsey, and she was not happy about her dinner options.  She complained and complained.  And then put about 2 cups of cheese and 1 cup of sour cream on her mole to drown out the taste.  Then she wrapped it up in a tortilla which fell apart when she tried to eat it.  And that's when she gave up and left the table, presumably to go to the bathroom.  We all heard her say, "I can't believe people eat this crap."  It's a good thing Fernanda is not easily offended.

3.  I went to Chloe's school for lunch, and while I was trying to put some ketchup on a hot dog for Macie, the lunch lady came up to me and asked if I was a student.  Well I think she first assumed I was NOT a student, but then she asked just to make sure, but I still can't stop laughing to myself that she even asked.  Is there any possible way I could be confused with a 12 year old? Nobody could seriously think I was an elementary school student, even for a second, could they?  Anyway.  It seems I can't make a trip to Chloe's school without something weird happening.

No comments: