Wednesday, January 16, 2013

So here are some pictures from Christmas Eve.  I am feeling a little sad because a certain someone seems to have lost our camera and therefor our videos and pictures of Christmas.  : (   That certain someone was not me, in case you think I was implicating myself.  Also, I can't upload any videos.  I just spent an hour on the phone with t-mobile technical support and they don't know why my videos won't upload either.  Apparently all those commercials that make smart phones look so user friendly, only apply to those with degrees in computer programming. Seriously though, why is it impossible to upload a 30 second video? 












Macie might be the only (almost) 2 year old I have ever met that is not afraid of Santa Clause.  This is probably because he has candy.  She was the first kid up there and ready to sit on his lap.  And then she went up later and stole another candy cane from his sack.
Chloe asked for the "Silverlicious" book.  Which she got...I am glad she still has rather low expectations for Santa.  Although she still refuses to believe that unicorns aren't real, and they can't fly.  And I feel kind of bad telling her the truth about that.  So how come I feel the need to tell her the truth about unicorns, but not about Santa? 


I am still not giving up hope that somehow, someday, my camera will show up. 

In other news,
We were gifted 2 goldfish last week.  One died the very next day which was exactly what I had expected to happen.  Chloe was rather disturbed.  And I imagine so was the other fish, as I was too grossed out to fish it out, so it got to swim around its dead friend for an entire day.  I sure hope fish are all like Dori in "Finding Nemo."  Because swimming around a very small container for your entire life sounds like a recipe for depression.  But maybe they do all have short term memory loss, so swimming around that corner, is new and exciting to them every time. 

Don has been suffering from vertigo for almost 5 days now.  Not bad enough to put him out of commission, just bad enough for me to call him Dizzy Don.  I feel bad for him.  But it seems to be getting better. 

Chloe started indoor swimming lessons, and loves it. 
Oh and she had 3 cavities filled over Christmas, did I mention that already.  One of them was like a kid root canal. 
On the bright side, she now knows why she must brush her teeth.
Chloe also got perfect scores for her behavior at school.
But I was told we need to work on her understanding of fiction and non-fiction.
Yesterday I told her a story about unicorns and asked whether it was fiction or non fiction.
She told me non-fiction.
And that is when I told her unicorns were not real.
And she cried.
Perhaps I will have to come up with some different topics for my fictional stories. 

No comments: