A couple days after Christmas we went up to Greer, AZ and stayed in a cabin with Leonore and Greg's families. It was the first time either of my girls have seen snow. I think Chloe thought it was going to be fluffier than it actually was. Snow is so deceiving. Wouldn't it be great if snow was like warm cotton balls? Then maybe I would actually want to go play in it. We had a fantastic time just piddling around the cabin, but I was grateful to come back to the comparatively warm desert. As much as I miss the 4 seasons living in the desert, I can't say I really miss winter or the snow. I don't like being freezing. then again, I hate being hot too. Basically I think my favorite temperature is 68 degrees.
Macie loved this dog. The dog loved my leg. I don't know why, but dogs, really like me.
The brothers carved out a pretty fantastic sledding hill. Too bad we were so lazy and only used it one afternoon.
I think Macie did a lot of crying when we went out in the snow.
One night we left the kids at the cabin with the older cousins and went out to eat at a local popular restaurant, "Molly Butler's." Dinner was a highlight of the trip. After dinner was not a highlight of trip. I seriously regretted all night, the chicken covered in mushroom gravy with the side of mashed potatoes. It will take me awhile to look at mushrooms the same way again.
Besides that unfortunate evening, we thoroughly enjoyed our winter vacation and I felt good that I finally exposed my children to something they will probably grow up not knowing much about: snow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment