Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Pretty Dull Mommy Post

Some things that have been going on around here:
 
 
 
 1. Parties.  Chloe has a new idea for a new party every day.  These cupcakes are from her cupcake party.  She insisted she have a candle to blow out as well.  She also has a "clubhouse" outside that she made with chairs and blankets.  Unfortunately she can't convince anyone to visit her clubhouse, because no one wants to be hospitalized for heat exhaustion.
2. School.  I think I am used to our new schedule and have found myself using the time Chloe is at school, to get things done around here.  Like naps. I try to take one of those every day.
But seriously, Chloe is loving school and thankfully gets up happily every morning. 
I also have a little babysitting job three days a week after school which has been going really good.  Now I can just buy my own stuff on my wish lists without hinting to Don.  (Oh wait, I already did that anyway)

3. Macie. Macie gets some alone time every day now.  And I think she likes it, but she is always very excited to pick up Chloe after school.  Macie has blossomed into a lovable toddler.  The other day we had a dance party, and she displayed some new ballet moves.  She now can balance on one leg for about a second, doing an arabesque.  I turn on music every day now to make her dance because I just can't get enough of her arabesques.  She thinks she is such a big girl. 
Last night she ended up in our bed, and about 3 AM I heard a thump.  I frantically got up to assess the situation, prepared to soothe her trauma.  But there was no crying. I go over to her and realize that she is now fast asleep on the floor. 
I wish she would sleep that soundly in her crib.

No comments: