Don's cousin
Alexie got married this weekend in San Diego and we took a trip out there. We got there Friday at 9 PM and came back Sunday morning. It was a crazy fast trip. Glad we went, but wow. Travelling with a newborn is exhausting. It is too bad our camera is junk because I got hardly any pictures of the good stuff, oh like the Bride and Groom coming out of the Temple, or a family picture of all of us, or a picture of my fabulous new red shoes, or the fantastic high rise condo we got to stay in with Don's cousin, who happens to live in the heart of downtown San Diego. But here are a few I did get.

Chloe on the couch. Chloe threw up in the middle of the night and was sickly the rest of the day. She was so sick she didn't care about the lemonade, or the cake, or the throngs of other children. Instead she went and laid on the couch in the foyer. It was truly pathetic.
Macie and my sister in law who will be providing
Macie with a girl cousin pretty soon.

What a great picture of the bride and groom, huh. Well they sure made a nice looking couple, you will have to take my word for it.

One of the few smiles I got out of her that day.

Probably m
y favorite picture of all time.

Can you tell what is behind the paper and flowers? I thought it was a pretty ingenious way of hiding the church basketball hoop.

As previously
mentioned I married into a
mexican family, so there was a Mariachi band and dancing and Mexican food. You know, Mexicans sure know how to have a good party.

Don's family....

There is me. I wanted to show off my scarf, but well it didn't work.

Here I am doing some strange contortion with my hand. It looks like a swan's head.

Oh and on our way there, Chloe saw her very first snow. And
Macie drank her very first sugared drink. she had some
diluted apple juice. I think she liked it, but I wouldn't know she only has two expressions:really mad, and mildly happy. I think the juice face categorized as moderately happy.
There was also my sister in law's baby shower the day of the wedding...of course no pictures... And I was an hour late because apparently 411 has not updated their list in 5 years. In their opinion the only "Pat and Oscars" that existed in CA was in San Marcos, not San Diego.
Anyway, I am glad we went even though the trip mostly consisted of driving, getting children dressed, soothing upset children, and arguing about 1.Being lost or 2. Being late.
But the wedding was beautiful and seeing all the family was worth it.
Aaaaa....family trips. I think we needed one more day to just relax and put our feet in the sand. Literally. We never even made it to the beach. In fact I think I only saw the beach from the freeway. Uh, we did have a good time even though after rereading this it sounds like we didn't.
In other news, yesterday was Chelsy's 23rd birthday. It was a real festive occasion. We had some delicious strawberry cake and...well that was about it. But man, that was some seriously good cake.
3 comments:
Mod Podge Photo's on Canvas! http://thesassypepper.blogspot.com/2010/11/mod-podge-photos-on-canvas.html
Love you friend!
Yeah, I'm thinking you guys need another trip to CA.
That Picture of Don is the best picture EVER! I agree with Heather, you guys need to go to Cali again. I will volunteer to watch the girls. Wait but not Chloe I can't risk her throwing up, clogging our toilet or eating all our butter...JK! I love that little girl :)
Post a Comment