Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years and Such



I am going to go backwards with this catch up thing. In fact, I don't know why, but journaling for this past month is making me less than enthused.
Not that anyone is making me do it, (except for Don who sits by me with a taser gun until I finish), I just have this guilt if I don't record things because I know my memory is so bad, I will never remember one year from the last.

So New Years...
Since we are very popular, as you well know as evidenced by ALL the comments I receive on this here blog (do you hear the tumbleweed blowing in the wind? I do.) we had 2 parties to attend.
The first one was with the kids and we had a fabulous time eating pizza and pizookies and setting off fireworks in the backyard. I am pretty sure it was illegal, but this year is the 1st time you can buy fireworks in Arizona. But I think there are stipulations on where you can use them. And all I can say to that is, well, don't sell them on the side of the road then.
I stayed away from the sparklers as I have a tendency of burning myself, falling, hitting my head, spraining my ankle and other unfortunate accident events that befall uncoordinated individuals such as myself.

Then we dropped Chloe off at my Dad's house and went to the no kids party with our "young" friends. You see our spryness and youthful appearances allow us to fit in with all ages. Don was almost kicked out, since he was turning 34 the next day. I being only almost 30 allows me to fly under the radar.

Anyway, we took a picture with the other pregnant gals. Don was opposed to me posting this. He thinks I am ruining my reputation and showing the youth a bad example.
And all I have to say to that is, what reputation?

**No actual harmful substances to fetuses were used for the making of this picture. Unless you consider Martinelli's and rolled printer paper dangerous. However the firecracker was real. But as mentioned before, I stay well away from lighted exploding things.

We arrived in time back at my Dad's house to ring in the New Year with Chelsey and Times Square and thank goodness we did, otherwise we would have missed that fantastic music video of Mariah Carey singing a techno version of "Auld Lange Syne" in front of a blue screen with fake fireworks, flipping her hair and showing off all of her lady assets. Terrific.

And then we made our way home and realized yet once again, that we are too old for New Years.
New Years Day was Don's 34th Birthday and as usual, we vegged around most of the day, oh I take that back, we did some cleaning. And I put the Christmas decorations away and got really mad at the fake tree because it was so large and heavy to put back in it's bag and my huge belly kept getting in the way. And my back hurt.
And then I realized, I might be too old to celebrate Christmas too.
Next year I might go the way of my elderly aunt and just have a tree that I sit on a stool in the corner of the room.

Anyway, we got take out Pei Wei's (thanks Liz) and we got a couple Red Boxes, one of them ("Salt") was decently entertaining, the other one ("The Other Guys") we watched halfway and then said let's go to sleep.
So we did.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We were also thankful to be able to enjoy Mariah's green screen shirtless performance. Welcome 2011 to us!

Leisa Waldron said...

I want to live by you. :)