So this week I have been playing Nurse Melissa. Don had hernia surgery Wednesday morning. He had hernia surgery 15 years ago which was a horrible experience so he was not looking forward to this one. But I am pleased to say this has been much more pleasant for him. Well I probably shouldn't use the word pleasant. I should say "bearable."
And to tell you the truth, selfishly it has been kind of nice having Don chained to the house. We have watched a lot of (dumb) movies and I get his undivided attention when I talk because he can't move very fast.
Also, I kind of enjoy him on Percocet.
This morning he asked me, "Melissa. Is there like a title in the Police Force called "Calihan". Cause there is always a Calihan in Police Movies."
I find his sense of humor even drier on Percocet. And I appreciate a dry sense of humor.
Anyway, I have enjoyed babying him. He deserves it. Although I do have some ulterior motives. In a few weeks time, the roles will be reversed and I will be needing a good nurse.
I told him this. And he told me, "Oh. Well just so you know, I can't live up to your standards."
So then I told him he would be getting his own darn medicine from now on.
I didn't really say that.
And yes, Don is a good male nurse.
Okay now onto catching up again. I am too lazy to try and get pictures in the right order.
So I am just going to do what I do best, ramble.
Christmas Eve was at my sister in law Leonore's house. And as usual, we had Mexican food, better than any restaurant, a musical presentation (I sang "Gesu Bambino"), telling of the Christmas story by Don's dad, and a visit from Santa. I think this was the 4th time Chloe saw Santa. I believe she told him she wanted "ballet shoes and a pink skirt." 

After Don's family party we headed over to my Aunt Mary Olive's house for a little bit. And then we made our way back home and remembered that we still had to wrap everything and Don had a doll house to put together. And since I was so tired I did what any good Mother would do who wanted to make Christmas morning special for her children; I went to sleep. And Don got up in the middle of the night and spent 2 hours putting together her Doll house. I did however get up early enough to wrap all the presents before she woke up. And since I don't have the Christmas morning pictures downloaded yet, I will save that for another time.
Oh, New Years Eve (morning) we went to the Fiesta Bowl Parade. Chloe loved it. She especially loved riding the Light Rail 1 mile to get to the Parade.
After awhile she complained of being tired and hungry, which I was glad for so I didn't have to do it, so we left.
The most entertaining part of the parade was watching the people in it avoiding the horse poop. Some unfortunate soul eventually stepped in it, and the pooper scoopers got the biggest applause of all.
I believe Chloe said, "Attention Sir, there is horse excrement, watch your footing."Or she might have said, "Horsie!"
I can't remember details.
Okay. So the ballet shoes. Christmas morning Chloe opened up her package of ballet shoes. She was not impressed. They were too small and they looked like slippers. Silly Santa was not smart enough to realize that when she said ballet shoes, she meant toe shoes. Like the ones Aunt Lizzy is wearing in her picture as a little girl and in old dance videos. The ones that make you stand on your toes and oh, kill to wear. I was on toe shoes for a year. I was too chubby to actually get up on them very well. Also, I have a low pain tolerance. That is why I did not become a ballerina. Oh, and I was pretty much crap at it. But Liz...she was awesome.
Anyway. I told Chloe that I would tell Santa he got the wrong one and she said, "Silly Santa!" So I bought a bigger pair and then sewed some ribbons on them and she was much more impressed. However, she still is confused why she can't quite get on her tippy toes in them. She still prefers Aunt Lizzy's shoes, and she actually puts them on and stands on her toes. So who knows, I might have a ballerina on my hands. She is very captivated by ballet, and every pink fluffy dress or skirt she wants because she thinks it is a ballerina dress.
Oh and Chloe took this picture of me, I think it really captures my radiant pregnant self.
And last but not least for this post, look at what I got.
My friend Katie surprised me with a replacement Crystal mistletoe.
You might remember a few posts back how heart broken I was it had disappeared.
She read my blog and actually bought me a new one.
It was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me.
In fact I think I will keep it up for awhile longer because it makes me very happy every time I look at it.
All those non-subliminal messages to my husband about gifts to buy me, and it was my unintentional post about my mistletoe that got me a new one.
Katie. You made my Christmas!
2 comments:
You deserve it Melissa! Thanks for being such a good friend.
Look at her on her toes! So funny!
Post a Comment