Friday, August 21, 2009

Summer Trip '09

How did I not take many pictures of this trip? I guess I don't think we are as cute as Chloe so no need to get out the camera. Did I mention I really, really missed Chloe on this vacation? Chloe, I am not sure I am going to let you go off to college or ever move out of the house. Sorry.
So what did we do?
Well we did a lot of eating. A lot. I never thought I could get sick of eating...but there is only so much you can stuff into such a "petite" frame. wink wink.
I got to know my sister and brother in -law in California better, and decided they are totally awesome. They treated us exceptionally well and we are exceptionally grateful for their hospitality. We'll try and make it up to them...but I am not sure if that is possible. I mean, they are the ones that live in heaven. I totally understand why everyone lives in California.

List of activities (with no pictures to accompany)
*Don interviewed people to join his company.
*I went to "500 Days of Summer" with my sister in-law. We gave it mixed reviews. Not sure I liked the moral of the story, or the girl. Or the way the girl dressed. Or her hair. But then realized my hair is sort of the same.
*Stuffed myself at Olive Garden, MiMi's, and a local Mexican restaurant with fantastic enchiladas but terrible fried ice cream.
*Sat on the beach and watched husbands catch some waves.
*Gossiped about "Jon and Kate plus 8."
*Took a long bike ride and killed my legs.
*Went for a long walk.
*Disneyland (obviously)
*Watched "The Illusionist" (see it!)
*Forced against my will on the "California Scream." I hate large roller coasters. But the company I kept were determined to make me overcome my fear. And it was actually a really good experience for me.

And now for some pictures:


Waited in a lot of lines at Disneyland...Is it just me or is the Matterhorn and Space Mountain always breaking down?
Naively sat in the front on "Splash Mountain." This is where the "splash" comes into play. Thank you Mike.

Hung out with these good peeps at Disneyland. Don's cousin Mike and 5 of his daughters came along. Thanks to Mike, we got in to Disneyland for free. Yes, free. I know, you all want to kill me. Mike=awesome.


Mike owns a shaved ice store in Anaheim. We got free Italian ice and ice cream. You probably want to kill me again.
Our terrific hosts.

Our awesome Beach Bods. We work out.

3 comments:

David G. Filhart (a.k.a. the Davey Baby) said...

Don! Are you working out bro? You handsome devil you!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as "bad" fried ice cream. Glad you had a good time. I think every couple needs a little weekend alone time at least once a year. I read a marriage book that said to go away once a month, but seriously, what person with kids can arrange this? So once a year is what I vote for.

Don said...

Melissa said she wasn't going to use that picture.