Thursday, August 13, 2009

Gone Fishin'

Maybe...Definitely... Getting him to myself...finally!Restauranteering...my favorite! Picture Don and me. Don't we gaze like this?This......Uninterrupted....bliss...

...but still missing this one's interruptions...but hearing she is doing just fine without us. Sob.

That's right, we've flown the coop...gotten out of Dodge...recapturing our youth...reigniting the flame....
Of course Don has got some business stuff going on the side...always the entrepreneur.

We got in to Oceanside after midnight and are staying at my sister in law's 5 star bed and breakfast.

We had quite the interesting drive. Our GPS system must have a Dr. Seuss route option because we got taken on a wild goose chase to get here.

Our trip even included a friendly stop by the California State Patrol. I fell asleep and was awakened by Don pulling over and red lights glaring behind us.

One officer came to Don's side and talked to him, and being in a state of confusion, I looked to my side of the car and saw a mysterious man staring at me through the window. I thought he was some man who emerged from somewhere in the woods and was waiting for the officer to leave so he could pull out his gun and kill me. and then steal my car. I seriously did. I started whispering, "Don, Don..."

And then he showed me his badge.
Phew.
But if you saw where we were driving, you would have thought the same thing.

We didn't get in trouble by the way. Just a registration check.

So bye for now.
I am going to enjoy the temperature intended for humans, not the one intended for rattle snakes.

2 comments:

Jaymie and Donna Jones said...

I am so jealous! I wish I was were the weather was a little cooler. You left just in time too. It is so dang humid today! LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY YOU!!!!

Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to hear of all your fun!!! Enjoy!