Tuesday, March 1, 2016

V-Day

I'm going to try to catch up with the past 2 months going backwards. Valentine's Day was on a Sunday this year. We had sort of a Valentine's Day week. I am the activity day leader and I was pretty proud of myself for coming up with a valentine's craft for the girls, being that I am not crafty at all. They made valentine books out of paper bags and then wrote valentines to each other. My favorite thing about activity days is how Macie thinks she is one of the club. She is 3 years younger than everyone but she considers herself a verified member. My girls love valentine's day. They made a billion valentines for everyone. I still don't know what to do with all my homemade valentines. It feels wrong to throw them away. I found a piece of paper Chloe had made that she had was a chart of who and what she would be giving everyone for Valentine's Day. She included what Macie would be doing as well. For example for me she has listed that she will be making me a "pop up glitter" card and Macie will be giving me a "smell" card. I assume that means they would be using their smelly markers. I bought the girls matching dresses because I know how much they love to dress up appropriately for holidays. Macie went to a valentine's party at her friend's house and was very excited to wear her special outfit, as was Chloe to wear hers to her classroom party. 

Friday night my friend Emily hosted a small dinner in her backyard. There were 6 of us, and we had the most delightful evening. She has a lake that backs up to her backyard. we ate dinner under twinkly lights and then went for a paddleboat ride underneath the stars. It was fun acting like fancy adults for the night.


 This picture turned out as stupid as I intended it to be.
 The food was amazing. We dipped cheesecake in melted chocolate. It was heavenly.
Saturday I took the girls to our neighbor's birthday party and that night we had stake conference. Stake conference seemed to be a rather dull way to spend Valentine's Day eve, but it actually was really wonderful. A general authority came, Elder Tilleman, and shared his miraculous story of healing after a freak accident that resulted in him being paralyzed from the neck down. It was an uplifting evening and I am so glad we went.
 Sunday was stake conference again. Later that afternoon we took a walk to the park and then we can home and had a "fancy" dinner of frozen lasagna, salad and broccoli. I even broke out the crystal goblets. The girls decorated the table and we lit some candles. They

No comments: