I don't know how it happened so fast, but Macie turned 5. Macie has always been much less particular about party specifics than Chloe. It makes my life a little easier. I bought a Groupon for a tea party in Scottsdale. I thought it would be my easy way out, all I would do was show up. But I didn't realize the party only lasted 30 minutes, and it took more than a half hour to get there. I didn't realize it was the weekend of the big Golf tournament in Scottsdale so the streets were packed and took forever to get anywhere in Scottsdale. After the party we went over to the train park which was only supposed to be a 15 minute drive from the tea party, but with all the traffic it took well over 45 minutes. We took a ride on the train and then the kids played at the park for a long time. I didn't rush to get out of there because no matter when I left, I would be stuck in rush hour traffic to get home. It took over an hour to get home. My friend Emily helped me chaperon and drive all the girls, and Liisa and Dayna also came so it was nice to have the extra hands. I was pretty pooped when I got back home, oh like 5 hours later. But it was all worth it for my Macie MooMoo. I think it was the first real birthday party I have had for her. She was so happy...
What Macie wanted more than anything for her birthday was a mini Trixie. Her friend Ashlynn has one of these and she is in love with it for heaven knows why. I already bought her a Trixie a while back, but it wasn't the right size, too large. So now she has a Mama Trixi and a baby Trixie. She is so funny. I ordered it on Amazon and I was afraid it wouldn't make it in time, I was bummed because I had paid for express shipping and I thought it hadn't arrived. I didn't realize it had arrived, Don had just placed it somewhere I didn't know about! So at the end of the day I found the package and gave it to Macie. It was the best end cap for the day. She was complete. Don and I got a babysitter that night since it was Friday and like I said, by the time I got home from the party it was almost bedtime. We went to this new pizza place and I could barely keep my eyes open. We were only gone an hour before he took me back home and I crashed.
Cute kids ^^^
My life saver, Emily!
The tea party was 3 courses (and way overpriced by the way, even with the groupon). But oh well. The girls were all so quiet and polite. They ate their food in silence and with such good manners.
Beaming Macie.
Emily brought over lunch before the party, Macie had her favorite, mac and cheese and of course cookies.
Macie opened a few presents before we left for her party, that I had given her, and she insisted that she bring them to to the party. So we lugged her opened and unopened presents to the park, where she displayed them all for everyone to see her loot. I guess she needed her friends to see all her new stuff, not just some of it. Ya, I guess I unabashedly spoiled her on her birthday. I love my Macie so much. She fills our lives with so much joy and an irreplaceable member of our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























No comments:
Post a Comment