My College BFF came to visit this past week all the way from the other side of the country. It was such a special treat since I haven't seen her for 7 years. I wish you didn't live in New York Rachelle! Why can't all my favorite people just live on the same street as me? And never move, ever. That would be so great. Thank goodness for modern forms of communication. Speaking of modern times, You know I watched "Lincoln" today (finally) and I am so glad I didn't live during that time. Mostly because living during the Civil War had to be really wretched, but also because they had really bad hair styles and clothes...Also a lot of people died from things like drinking contaminated water. I gained a different appreciation for Mary Todd Lincoln though. All I had ever heard about her was that she was crazy. But honestly, I think I would have been too considering the things she went through. She lost 2 children in their youth, and 1 when he was 18. Not to mention she witnessed her husband's murder. I digress. Anyway, we had a good visit and we took them to "Manuels" for some Mexican food. Because if Arizona has one plus, it is our abundance of good Mexican Restaurants. Our kids mostly behaved. Chloe loved meeting a new friend, and now has a penpal. And I was so happy I got to meet all of Rachelle's kiddos! How weird is it to be Moms now and to tell our kids we met in College...it must be weird for them...I remember being surprised to find out my parents had lives before we ever entered the picture. It's hard to look back to all those years ago and to think of our lives without our kids and our husbands! We always tried to imagine the future during those days, who would we marry, what would our kids be like...and here we are, living in our future!
We did bring out some of the old roommate silliness though...aaaaahhh...we need to do this more often to keep us young!
Rachelle ended up marrying the boy that the two of us hung out with all the time. I love their love story. We were all just friends for the whole year, then that summer I went home, and I guess they decided to fall in love! ; ) I just love stories that started as friendship, don't you?
The kids (minus adorable baby Grant)
Rachelle, convince your husband to move to Arizona. What more do you need in life than Mexican food, and well, me. Okay, you probably need more than that. But try it anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment