Scripture says, that in the last days, mens hearts shall fail them. Well, my heart is failing me today. It has failed me other times in the past too-I hear about unspeakable crimes, and I think to myself-why...how...how could someone be so morally corupt to do that to another soul?
But the crimes that get to me most, always involve the victimization and harm to the most innocent and defenseless members of our society. Any crime affecting a child or a person with special needs, gives me the most awful pit in my stomach and lump in my throat. I put myself in those parent's shoes, and try to imagine what it must be like to be told my precious, perfect, joy of my life, will not be coming home, and they won't be opening those Christmas presents that I so excitedly thought long and hard about, because I wanted to make their Christmas as special as they are. The horror of it is too much for me to comprehend.
An entire kindergarten class unaccounted for.
I cannot imagine my darling Chloe having to endure such terror, and without me being there to hold her close and shield her from harm.
Not that I could have done anything, but at least I would know she wasn't alone.
Those poor, poor children.
Those poor, poor parents and siblings.
Those poor, poor classmates to have their innocence snatched away at such a tender age.
Dr. Ablow, a psychiatrist said this concerning the event:
"The limits, which even the most violent (or violently ill) among us would seemingly never violate, continue to be violated. The shooting of 5-year-olds would have seemed to be one such limit. But something has gone terribly wrong in the American psyche—perhaps a dulling of real-life emotions via reality TV and Facebook and iPhones. The needle measuring what someone must do to shock us has moved further into the red zone, faster than most would have imagined possible."
I don't know what causes people to become so morally corrupt. I am not a psychiatrist. I don't know if it can be blamed on facebook or iphones. But I do know that our senses are constantly being dulled by the filth, hate, and violent acts we hear about every day. And I do know that people mock religion and faith and God. And I think our society suffers for that lack of spiritual compass.
I am tired of the limits of violence being surpassed. And unfortunately , I am certain that this won't be the last time that I am surprised by a person's absolute wickedness.
I am tired of my heart failing me because of the violence in this world.
God help us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment