Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Milky Situation

I've run into a problem. I am out of milk. Which means Chloe going to the fridge every 5 minutes and saying something that only she understands. Except I am able to get the basic idea because she points to the fridge and says "hhmfgktodofg...ghrpodjwbdo."
There are 2 milk-aholics in this house. And I am not one of them. They both drink it like it is going out of style. I can't keep up. A gallon is gone in 3 days.

This morning Chloe did her usually routine, dragging me to the fridge. I had to explain we were out and I showed her. But I forgot there was a half gallon of buttermilk in the fridge. How do you explain that to a 2 year old. It looks like milk, it sort of smells like sour milk, but it's really not milk. Well it is, but I ain't drinkin' it. She insisted though and I thought, well 1. Maybe she won't be able to tell the difference (which I highly doubted since we are all food conosuires over here) or 2. she will figure it out and stop bugging me for it.

So I poured her a bottle. (no judging allowed) She took a couple sips.
And then, she promptly took the lid off her bottle, and dumped it down the sink.

Guess she figured it out.

1 comment:

ottspot said...

My kids have been known to drink powdered milk when we were temporarily out of their favorite beverage.