I got a membership to Costco the other day. And it seems I go there everyday. It is kind of like Disneyland to me...fantastic smells, lots of people...long lines...something for everybody.... It is a great store. It is a little annoying they make you pay to shop there, but hey, it doubles as entertainment. I spend quality time oohing and aahing over their bakery section and wide array of frozen, delectable, already prepared foods. It is also an evil store. I want to buy everything in there. Their bean and rice burritos, the little statue of a girl to go in my Secret Garden of sorts backyard (cough cough), potstickers, playhouse, "french style" chair, a dress for Chloe, jeans for me (glad they looked awful on me, I saved myself some buckeroos), food storage (still mulling over that), and so on and so forth.
But...I thought I showed great self restraint in going home with only a bag of blueberries, a huge bag of frozen vegetables, some eggs and some baby wipes. I put back the bag of frozen rice and bean burritos which leads me into the lesson I learned today.
Samples. I vow to get my money back in the membership fee through the partaking of all of their delicious samples. I believe there are many Costco shoppers with the same goal, as the sample lines are always ridiculously long, as if the nice old lady is giving away 100 dollar bills, not a small piece of a barbecued rib. People and "free" stuff. It is all quite humorous isn't it? Well I have no room to talk.
Today I sampled all the samples available. And when I saw that the burrito sample cart was replaced by a young male and no longer occupied by a nice old lady, I jumped at the chance for seconds. Unfortunately I had my little niece standing right beside me and repeating over and over again, and louder each time, "Melissa, we've already tried this sample." She honestly thought she was doing me a favor by helping me remember...but I assure you, I remembered, that is why I was back for more. I am ashamed to say, I still took seconds. And felt rather guilty afterwards at the example I was setting. And it didn't taste nearly as good the second time around,not sure if that was out of the guilt, or because it was still partly frozen inside. Anyway, I realized I am by far one of the worst sample offenders and I shall remove the beam from my own eye. And so I vow, I Melissa, will never take seconds at the Costco sample booths, no matter how delicious or scrumptious those samples are.
The end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love Costco too. I have gotten pretty good at just getting what I went in for (because as you probably know the total when checking out can get rather high there) but I have also learned NOT to send Jaymie there or go with Jaymie because boy oh boy we end up with like 10 extra items!!
I can't believe you....for more than one reason...1st you really should eat before you ever go shopping or you WILL buy everything (or just eat their samples) and 2nd...now you won't know when I DO update my blog!! It's ok...we catch up enough on the phone =)
Funny girl! You say things that we all think, but never say. Hilarious. We get diapers, fruit snacks (can never have enough--80 go fast around here), string cheese, and a few other APPROVED items at Costco... I agree I could buy everything!!
I am impressed at your restraint. :) We will go to Costco sometime together and eat samples. :)
Post a Comment