Monday, October 27, 2008

Went to Wal-Mart Today...

...And got my eyes checked.
My prescription went up. I was perplexed, had the same prescription since forever.
I inquired, "Is that strange?"
Doctor asked,"Do you work at the computer a lot?"
Me: "Yyyyyyeeeeessss....yes, I do. I "work" at the computer A LOT."
Doctor: "Oh that could do it."
Conclusion? I need to get a life.
(It could also be Chloe's fault. She also made me lose my hair.)

...Also in the market for a new vacuum (literally and figuratively. what a great expression that is). I used mine so much (AT LEAST 3 times a day. sigh of disgust for anyone that doesn't.) that it went to vacuum cleaner heaven. Actually, I ran over the cord a few too many times. I actually shorted out the circuit in our bedroom, or something technical like that. Glad I wasn't killed in effort to keep my carpets fluffy. That would be tragic. Anyway, picking out a vacuum is hard. Reminded me of shopping for a stroller back in the day (that was a 2 day shopping event, don't get me started on that). Too many choices and gadgets and gizmos. And the more expensive they got, the more they looked like space ships. We are now the proud owners of a Bissel Powerforce Turbo Bagless Upright Vacuum. Which sounds more like a power tool. Who are they marketing these to anyway? Evidently Trekkies and manly man types. Does your man do all the vacuuming? Just wondering. Cause mine does.

3 comments:

Jaymie and Donna Jones said...

You are so dang lucky I have been dying for a new vaccum since forever. Mine is the kind that has a bag and has that big part that drags behind you as you go, and although I am greatful Jaymie's mom bought it for us I abhore it! But it works so no real excuss to get a new one. Bummer. So how many times do you have to run over the cord???

M.M.M. said...

Um...well when you run over the cord and you see the wires, then you electrical tape it, then you run over it a few more times and you short out the circuit and see the wires yet once again...breaking, then it is probably the time.

Elder Nathan Askins said...

Hey- do you remember me and the good old visiting teaching days? haha. I stumbled upon your blog tonight and wanted to say hi. Your little girl is adorable.