Monday, October 6, 2008

On Why I love My Job and a Chelsey Story:

I have the best job in the world. And these are the reasons why:

My boss is-
funny
doesn't care if I ever get dressed
leaves me alone for 2 hours out of the day
cannot talk
completely unprofessional
loves me best when I don't get any work done


Also-

Chelsey is over at my house today and we have been discussing what we are going to do today so that she is not "bored out of my (her) mind."

I had her write a list. She had one thing on her list: "Play on an indoor playground."

Since the only indoor playgrounds I know of are attached to indoor fast food establishments I suggested we do that, and I hear from the other room:

(In a gruff voice)

"Well what do you want me to say??!! Cha cha cha, ah cha cha, cha cha cha, ooh la la, cha cha cha the bear cha cha cha???!!" (apparantly this is a song from a show that she hasn't seen since 2000-2003. The show was called Bear in the Big Blue House)


I replied, "Chelsey, what did you just say? Did you just say that?"


Chelsey: "ohhhhhh. Note to self. Do not talk to myself outloud."


And I think that is pretty good advice for all of us.


2 comments:

Lauren said...

So true and so profound! :) Maddie has that cute shirt from Old Navy--just got it for 3.00 on the clearance rack. Sweet!

ME said...

I so know that show. That's hilarious - she's so funny!