Friday, September 19, 2008

A Conversation

My conversation with Don this morning:

Don: "Melissa, why don't you blog about my job fair."


Melissa: "Okay I will."


Don has started his own business called http://www.lightrailconnect.com/. He specializes in all things around the light rail. He would like to be known as Mr. LightRail...not with a speedo or anything like that. Right now he is focusing on the Phoenix light rail, but he would like his site to be relevant to all the light rails around the country and then...THE WORLD!!!! (enter loud orchestral music).


His company is sponsoring a job fair on November 13th at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Phoenix.

Anyway, if you are looking for a job and live here COME, or if you have a business and would like to have a booth at the job fair, let Don know. Go to his link above for contact information. He should be having more information about the job fair on his site soon. And most importantly, spread the word like you would a piece of good gossip (good-not bad, bad gossip is bad, like sticky black tar over your hands).


Also, they will also be sponsoring a 5k Race around Tempe Town Lakes, December 20th. They are looking for sponsors and runners. More information to follow on that too.


Well I was a dutiful wife.
And as an after thought, while I was writing this Chloe was entirely too quiet...this is why.
It looks like I will be needing some new "Apricot Glaze" and I can now attest that Mary Kay lip stick is very long lasting.
And as an after, after thought, the lack of comments on my hat means either 1. No one reads my blog (as I had long since suspected) or 2. My hat is ridiculous and you guys didn't want to hurt my feelings. I will chose number 1. Because frankly I like my hat. And maybe I don't care after all what people think : )

5 comments:

Lauren said...

You crack me up. I for one read your blog, and I think the hat is cute and brave and fun! Throw caution to the wind and enjoy it.

emilymhjohnson said...

I read your blog too! I like the hat, but I'm not sure it's crazy enough. If it were me, I'd add lots of fake flowers and maybe some fruit.

Addy said...

Cheeks! I found you on Facebook and then saw you had a blog... so much better than stinky Facebook. I'm glad I found you. You look gorgeous, as always, and you family is too cute!

Leisa Waldron said...

Go Donny boy! That is so cool! Only I totally pictured him in a speedo when I read your comment, don't tell him that though. :)

Trina J. said...

Hi Melissa, I finally started searching around through ward members' blogs and found yours! Yay! I will read it as often as I get to! :) (I am pretty bad at the blog thing - writing or reading). Anyway, if you don't mind I will add your blog to mine. Have a great day and good luck with the lipstick...and hat! :)
~Trina