Friday, July 25, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!

Blogging is really frustrating when you don't have a camera. I stole these pictures from my friends, and since I am not all that computer savy, I don't know how to make them larger. Oh Well! I think pictures are more interesting than my writing, but since I have no pictures but lots of words in my head, you get words this time.
So I am back from my trip to Utah. As previously mentioned, I had originally gone for "fun" but ended up going for my Grandma's funeral. I will save the details of that for my journal, but suffice it to say that it was a really wonderful experience to celebrate her life and to pay tribute to her. I will really miss her. She was an outstanding Grandma.
My trip to Utah also included some pretty cool stuff like:

Seeing my friend and old roomate Leisa (not "old" as in age : ) But while we are on the topic of looking old...what the heck is with my Grandma pants! I am seriously reconsidering that outfit! My friend Leisa is so talented! She paints and makes jewelry. Check out her stuff-http://www.laneyfineart.blogspot.com/
http://www.thesilverloft.com/page/page/4511525.htm
And she is super, super fun! I really miss you Leisa, I wish we lived closer! I would have abs of steel from laughing if we saw each other every day. Oh and Rachelle, if you are reading this, I love you too! And my other old roommates too-I love you all! Seriously, such good memories!
I also met up with my childhood friend Jourdan. She rocks too! I had such a great time catching up with her. We just drove around while the kids slept in the back. An interrupted conversation...so nice. That was also really fun.

My fabulous cousin Erin let me hang around her house for a week, which I really appreciated. I had a lot of fun with her too. Too bad there are no pictures to share. We had some funny and not so funny moments. Like Chloe falling down her stairs (my fault) and me slicing my finger open chopping an onion. Which pretty much happens to me every time I use a knife.

Anyway, I am back now in AZ and wondering why in the world we live somewhere SO HOT!!! But it is good to be back home, travelling is sure tiring with a baby!
P.S. My camera got fixed, no more pictureless blogs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa,
I wonder the same thing every time I get back from a Utah visit. I always say to Michael "Tell me again why we can't move there?" So I just found out that we are connected another way besides my sister. Michael dated Don's sister Leonore. Small world huh? See you later!

Leisa Waldron said...

It was so much fun to see you...and I did not think you were wearing grandma pants at all! I thought you looked hot baby!