Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Thanksgiving

 This Thanksgiving we spent in St. David at the pecan orchard.  The harvest was ready in time for Thanksgiving and all but 2 of Don's 9 siblings were able to make it down to help.  The weekend before, Greg and family stayed with us before heading down to St. David a few days earlier than the rest of us.  When the girls found out cousin Lyla and baby Troy were coming to stay the night, they began ricocheting off the walls,  They came to church with us too, and Macie was more than happy to show off her 3 year old cousin.  When we picked Lyla and Macie up from nursery, Lyla turned around and said, "Bye Guys!" to the other children.  She is going to have no problem making friends.  I sent Macie down early with Lyla Sunday evening, and we joined her Wednesday afternoon.  Chloe wanted to wait until after her Turkey Trot on Wednesday to leave for St. David, because she never wants to miss out on any school fun.


 We had a wonderful time being with all the family.  Thursday night we sat around the family room taking turns saying what we were thankful for.  I made apple bread pudding pie, sweet potato pudding, and enough green bean casserole to feed the entire town of St. David.  I hope the dogs enjoyed their leftovers.  I guess people don't love green bean casserole as much as I thought.
 Oscar did his usual, smiling and flirting when you were looking, crying and not sleeping when you weren't.

It was a perfect day to eat outside.  The bees thought so too.

Chloe wanted to make some recipes out of her Care Bears cookbook.  (a relic from yours truly)  So we made Rainbow Sticks with fruit dip and Sunshine Fizz.  The little kids thought it was a fantastic activity, and it was a hit, although most patrons looked a little regretful when they were informed the Rainbow sticks were touched by a few little hands.  I am glad the kids got to do some cooking. I think it made them feel like they helped with the dinner.

We stayed on Friday as well, and then came home on Saturday afternoon.  As always, the kids were eager to take rides on the Pro Hauler, and enjoyed all the cousin time,
Here is Chloe at the Turkey Trot.  I didn't trot.  I mostly just sauntered. Hey, I was carrying Oscar (as always).

No comments: