Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Kid Stuff


Chloe is convinced she needs glasses.
And she might be right.  I have to admit, she didn't do too well on our rudimentary homemade eye exam.
She seems excited by the prospect of glasses as it will add something "new to her look."
I on the other hand, couldn't help feeling a slight twinge of sadness. Our children basically have no chance of getting through this life without corrective lenses being that there is a long line of nearly blind people in the family. But I was hoping it wouldn't start to be a problem at age 6. Who knows. Maybe she just really wants glasses and is exaggerating. She did create her own eye exam, the alphabet in order.  She didn't get what we thought was so funny about it.


Also Chloe is back to her obsession with "Girls Club."  I allowed her to keep her signs up, but took down the fort that was taking up half my family room.  She will be having Girl Club in a couple days, if any of the girls invited can actually come.  Chloe intends for Girls Club to be a standing order though. EVERY THURSDAY at 3-5 PM. And she created a behavior chart for her friends. You can be put in "grat job, good, or (my favorite) grat in whole wide world."  Chloe has already put Macie in the "grat in whole wide world" category, which I think was nice.


Also, we flattened our front yard in preparation for grass and trees.  There was a couple weeks where Don had created our own dirt derby track (like I know the technical term for any of that) for their Princess Jeep, and I was sad to see it go.  But the neighbors probably thought it looked a little low class. (Some people just don't get how much we love motocross. That's a joke. I hate dirt. And races on dirt.) Anyway, stay tuned for the finished product, which should happen in oh about a year.
Macie took dance lessons which was the cutest thing I have ever seen.  She loved it and did a fantastic job following directions. Now if only she would follow my directions and use the potty.  Once again I have another child with no interest in using the toilet.  She has told me that she was scared of falling in.  So I got out our small training potty, which I detest because really, why would I want to clean out a bed pan multiple times a day?  She looked at that potty and told me, "That potty too little for my bum."  So one is too big.  And one is too small.  I think she knows exactly what she is doing.
This was the day that Chloe decided to turn Macie into her Princess makeover subject.  You can't tell from the pictures, but she had her all dolled up.  Macie enjoyed the attention and Chloe enjoys being the big sister.
One night I came to my Dad's house to pick up the girls, and Chloe had turned his entry way into an iceskating rink. The sign says "you can skate."





No comments: