Today we finally got rid of this ugly, spiky old thing. I hate cactus. I know that Arizona is known for the Saguaro cactus, and some people think they are awesome, but I hate them. Here are some of the following reasons:
1. They are ugly
2. They are spiky.
3. They provide no shade.
4. Just looking at them makes me feel hot.
In conclusion, I hate them.
so why is it that seeing the cactus ready to be hauled away, did my heart feel a small little twinge?
It didn't last long as visions of grass and trees danced in my head. I do feel a little like a traitor though. But hopefully Mr. Cactus can go somewhere where his weird arms and thorns are appreciated.
And can you believe that you actually have to get government approval to remove your cactus and put them somewhere else? Cause lots of people want to go out to the desert and steal Saguaro cacti?
I say, if someone is willing to risk their life trying to move one of these 1000 pound Brier patches, than by golly, they deserve to do whatever they want with it.
Like use it for a bonfire.
In conclusion...again....I hate cactus.
Chloe and I drove an hour out to the church farm to do some "work." Chloe reminded me of that movie "Holes." I don't know how the farm would keep functioning without our valuable contributions.
also, Macie's new most often repeated phrases are "You are the best Mom." And "what are you talking about?" I never tire of being told I am the best.


4 comments:
Remember when we went to the church dairy farm and picked up rocks in a rock field? Good times.
Erin. Yes. That was the other memory that kept replaying in my mind that morning.
What did this cost? My brother in law needs to do the same thing.
Abbie,
The guy paid us!!
Want his number? I believe he gave us $150 for the cactus. He took 2 Saguaros and some barrel cacti.
Post a Comment