I can't really put my finger on it, but I have been feeling so sentimental lately about my kids growing up. I want to freeze time. I never want Chloe to stop doing all of her crafts, decorating my house for holidays, and her party planning, and coming up with hilarious conclusions in her attempts to make sense of the world ("Mom, I know why dinosaurs went extinct! Because we needed a place to live! )
Or her thinking that I am her favorite person and most amazing person in the world, or her not worrying whether or not it is cool to show how excited you are about something little (like getting to take home your Easter Basket from school).
Or waking up in my bed after throwing up all night and saying sincerely, "Mom I need some liquid. And something to eat. But nothing sweet like pancakes or french toast."
Or pronouncing and spelling words wrong.
Or saying that she likes her hair curly, but not too fluffy. And that she likes her pigtails "down."
Or having little fashion sense.
Or taking pictures of herself on my phone.
I never want Macie to stop insisting on wearing bathing suits and twirling around like a ballerina, or putting on her shoes backward first thing in the morning, or her raspy voiced babbling things I can't understand...but understanding a few very important things in her life: her yanna (balllerina barbie), her bowwle (bottle), shoes (she's got that word down), peepee (which actually means the other type), dand doo (thank you)....
Or her ALWAYS taking her dishes to the sink and dumping them in there on her tippy toes.
Or her grumpy faces, and funny faces, and silly smiles.
Or her wanting to be with me always.
(I could do without her putting her hand down my shirt while she drinks her milk though)
Or her wanting to do everything that her bigger sister does.
And her "helping" me do my laundry by throwing all the clothes she can in the washing machine.
Or her love for swings while also being terrified of going too high.
Or that both of my girls love Primary and love to sing songs with all the sincerity and pureness of their hearts.
Every once in awhile I am reminded of how precious this time is with them, and I want to make sure that I savor every moment that they are mine, all mine.
I read Chloe the part in the Book of Mormon after Jesus is resurrected and has come to America to show himself to the people here, and He gathers all the children, and blesses them individually, one by one.
I asked Chloe why He did that. I can't remember what she said, but when I said, "Because he loves little children, and because they believe in Him without having to see Him," a big smile came across her face.
Thank goodness for children. They are the salt of the earth.





1 comment:
your such a good mama. Thanks for reminding me to slow down and enjoy my children!
Post a Comment