Friday, February 3, 2012

Chloe kept asking me today to help her find her "golden stone."
I thought she was crazy.
And she kept telling me to look in her big toy box where all the forgotten toys get put (and here I think of the poor Velveteen Rabbit and that weird looking baby on Toy Story 3).

I kept trying to change the subject because I just knew that it was not in there (for one thing I had no idea what her "golden stone" looked like, or that such a thing existed) and I did not want to lug the big cardboard box out to rummage through junk.
But if it is one thing that 4 year olds excel at, it is being persistent. I knew she would not drop the subject until I got that gosh darned box down.
And so I did. And lo and behold, there was in fact a golden stone resting beside a dismantled Mrs. Potato Head and half of a broken doll house.
And yet once again I learned this lesson: When Chloe tells me she knows where something is or that she has a certain something or other, or that she wants to wear a certain shirt that I cannot for the life of me picture in my head...I should just believe her. She ALWAYS knows what she is talking about.
Well, when it comes to kid stuff.

1 comment:

RHulsey said...

I wish Connor remembered where stuff was. He knows exactly what he wants, usually I have no idea what he is talking about, but I am always stuck looking for it.