Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Super Tuesday

Hello!! Today is "Super Tuesday!!!" So go out there and vote! I went and voted this morning. I love the spirit of elections! Every time I get to vote for anything I feel so happy inside that I belong to a country where I GET to vote. It is one of the times where I want to start singing "And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free!!" But of course I don't really do that, I would look like a psycho. But anyway, no matter if the person you want gets elected or not, it is still a wonderful opportunity to get to vote. And that is my patriotic shpeel for the day.

Now onto other less weighty matters. The above picture is of Chloe showcasing her new trick. One day I found her sitting up in her crib clasping onto the bars like a convict and screaming. I thought it was funny. And then seriously the next day, she figured out how to pull herself up. And now within moments of being put in her crib, she has herself standing and screaming for help. She looks really patheitc, doesn't she?!
This past weekend Phoenix, AZ hosted a little thing called the Super Bowl. And also a famous Golf tournament. Sadly I cannot think of the name for the golf tournament. Anyway, Don and I got free tickets to go to the golf thing. I have never attended a golf event, but in my mind I pictured a somewhat modest size crowd full of wealthy retirees drinking champagne. Well was I ever wrong! This event is like hook up city! I felt like I was in Hollywood. So no, Don, Me and baby Chloe did not really fit in this "scene." The picture above is of us in a bus travelling to the event.
These are just some guys we thought were funny. As you can see, I don't think this event is really for serious golf fans.
We didn't make it out to the actual place of the Super Bowl. We instead spent the afternoon relaxing on the couch.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so glad I looked in on you guys today! Thanks for the update. I thought of you during the Superbowl, even though we didn't watch it. We were driving through a blizzard in Utah at the time. :)

Maddie stands up like that too. It is so much harder to let them cry when you know they are standing up. Watch out for nibbles on the crib rail! Chloe is getting so big, she's a doll.

Jaymie and Donna Jones said...

Hey isn't amazing how quick they (kids) figure out things!!! It takes them I little bit to get the first step but once they have that it is like a snowball rolling downhill!!! Have a great day.

-Donna

Ben and Maggie said...

Melissa, I love the first picture of Chole! She looks so frazzled! Funny. Maggie

ottspot said...

Heya Cuz, Yeah, my mom was planning on watching Chloe so we figured she'd probably just bring her down to my house. When do you get here by the way?