Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Reunion Part 2

Well unfortunately we lost the camera the first part of the day and the second part of the day I was too busy to take any pictures. The first part of the day was the highlight of the reunion. Don's relatives from Mexico City host a mexican breakfast every reunion. This time it was at "Arribas." We had the whole restaurant to ourselves, a Mariachi band and whole heck of a lot of awesome food. We ate enchiladas and Hueves Rancheros for breakfast along with some more traditional breakfast foods like eggs, bacon, french toast, and pancakes. And some people even ate fried ice cream. Could the day seriously start out any better. Oh, and they also raffled off tickets to Mexico City. I had a feeling I was going to win. But unfortunately...I was wrong. I never win anything. One time I put like a billion raffle tickets in a jar to win a haircut. I thought I had a pretty good chance because there was only like 5 other tickets in there. You would think a billion chances to 5 would be good odds. But...I lost. I don't think I have ever won anything in my life. Well except an awesome life. So I guess I should stop complaining.

After breakfast everyone went their separate ways. I went shopping and tried to find some cheap clothes. And I decided that my favorite stores are very mean to charge so much for their clothing. Also, that I ate too much.

Then there was an open house at Uncle Rudy's house...

And then finally another dinner and talent show.

I did 2 songs and am working on overcoming my fear of singing solos in public. A Norah Jones song and an oldie, "Love Me Tender." All in all it went okay. I was just proud of myself for getting up there. My legs started shaking and I thought they were going to crumble. Luckily I leaned up against the piano. And I think I figured out why singers often go sing by a piano. They are trying not to pass out. Being nervous about the talent show severely decreased my enjoyment of the food, which was a near tragedy. BBQ sandwiches and cole slaw. But the good news is I thoroughly enjoyed my Texas sheetcake after it was all over. Man Texas Sheetcake deserves a special medal of honor.

******May it hereby be known that Texas Sheetcake is officially the best bake in the universe*****

PS one time when we were driving through Texas on a family vacation, Chelsey later commented to a cousin "Texas SSSSSSSSSSSucks." Maybe you had to be there.
And that is one of my favorite memories from that vacation.

Chloe is really into The Little Mermaid these days. And I am really into this dress that my cousin handed down to me. It has mermaids on it.
Also:
********I hereby declare that The Little Mermaid is the best Disney movie of all time.*****




1 comment:

ottspot said...

For the record, I agree with Chelsey on that particular vacation sentiment.