You know. I was watching my favorite show the other day. And it got me thinking. There are a lot of myths that go around via media. And I feel it is my duty to clue everybody in on the truth. Because I am very smart. And have pretty much figured everything out. I noticed that I knew the answers to most things by the time I was 16. I told my mom that. She liked when I said stuff like that.
Anyway.
During "Glee" the teacher says to a romantically challenged student something to the effect of, "Don't worry...I know there are a lot of things you don't like about yourself. But there will be be a boy that will like you because of all those things you don't like about yourself."
This might be true in some cases, but it entirely depends on the faults.
For example.
Does my husband giggle every time I am late? No.
Does my husband say "oh shucks" every time I leave the light on in the car and kill the car battery? No.
Does my husband think I am cute when I forget to deposit checks? No.
Does my husband like my man laugh? No.
My husband puts up with my flaws but I am pretty sure he doesn't love me because of them. In fact, I am sure I can kind of annoying.
Second myth.
Be true to your self and all your dreams will come true.
Do I believe in being true to yourself? Of course.
Do I believe that you can be a rock star if you just believe in yourself? No.
I mean I believed I could be an Olympic ice skater but that didn't happen. I guess it probably would have helped if I took ice skating lessons. And lived someplace cold.
Third myth.
Recent college graduates have lame-o jobs but somehow live in swanky New York apartments decorated entirely with Pottery Barn merchandise.
Oh and only dress in Banana Republic.
Most apartments are just lucky if they have some candles to cover up icky smells.
Fourth myth.
You can turn a jerky guy into Prince Charming just because they love you so much. And they think all your annoying habits are just so darn cute (see myth number one).
Fifth myth.
Childbirth takes 5 minutes.
From start to finish.
Oh how I wish this were true.
Well there are many more. I will do a second installment later.
You're welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Why can't you live closer to me. Love this post. :)
Post a Comment