(Oh and in case curious minds want to know if I am hiding something with my sweater, the answer is no I am not. I have just been enjoying food a little too much lately)
I spent most of Halloween helping my Dad at his house. In the evening we went to my sister in law Julie's house. We ate pizza, salad, and Marie Callendar's pie. What we ate is an important thing to record. Thinking about food makes me happy. Chelsey came along. She decided not to dress up this year because she is officially an adult. She has now entered the adult world where our joy comes from the eating part, not the dressing up part. Welcome Chelsey, welcome.
Chloe went trick or treating with her cousins which I think is a nice tradition.
The butterfly costume didn't seem to be as popular as the fairy costume from last year. If you recall, Chloe was almost the butterfly last year, but I borrowed a fairy costume instead. I personally think she looked hot. I mean, cute.
For half the night Chloe was not to into this whole trick or treating thing. She was scared of the gory costumes and done up houses. And she kept saying, "Kay You." Translation: Carry you. So for part of the evening I was lugging around a large butterfly.And then I don't know what happened, but she had an epiphany. She must have finally realized the goal was to get candy. And she loves candy. From then on she ran from house to house, laughing as she went. "Hahahaha...candy....hahah....candy....hahaha....candy." etc.
She tripped 3 times.


So we had a good time. But I have to say. Halloween is sort of a literal nightmare afterwards. Because Chloe knows she has a whole sack of candy and is always asking for it. I think my parents must have given up. Because I remember eating my Halloween candy all gone in about two days.
Oh, and by the way. I think people should give out more Snickers and less tootsie rolls.
2 comments:
I went with the let them eat until they barf theory. I didn't want to spend the next 3 months trying to portion out candy while listening to non-stop whining. Sawyer polished off his this morning. Will seems to have worn himself out of candy for a while and he still has half a bag left. They ate candy for 24 hours and now we are done. Definitely preferable in my opinion.
That's so funny about Chelsey not dressing up...Luke's sister decided the same thing this year too. First year she hasn't dressed up because she's "too old". She's 24. I love it! Cute butterfly, btw...SO cute!
Post a Comment