Well this is the first time the past few days I have had time to breathe. We have had a fabulous Thanksgiving. I am sad it is already over...but now on to Christmas. Don't you wish the holidays were split up a little bit? I could use a holiday in August. Because I don't like August that much. If you have been to Phoenix in August you understand.
This year was the Mortensen family reunion. It happens every 3 years and this year the Zonies were in charge. The family is huge. Big families are great. I see the benefit of having lots of kids. Makes reunions fun.
Someone snuck in our picture! This is Don's sister Janae.
And her husband!
Chloe found some toys. And the bowls of candy corn. And I am pretty sure that is the only thing she ate for Thanksgiving dinner. And I didn't even care. By the way. But I am not surprised. She finds the sugar bowl at my dad's house and eats sugar literally by the spoonful. I do care about that. That is is just weird, Chloe.
Don had a lot of his relatives come who live in Mexico city. I am so glad I married a Mexican.
There were about 130 people. This was a "smaller" reunion.
All Don's sisters and sister in laws made the food for the event. And we did a pretty fantastic job if I do say so myself, and I do. I am not good at false humility. Another benefit of marrying Don is everyone in the family makes tasty food.

I made 5, yes 5 huge pans of yams. I do not want to eat yams for a very, very long time. Only 2 got eaten at Thanksgiving dinner. Luckily there was another day of feasting so I think they all got disposed of. It was basically a big pie. I love that we can eat pie for dinner and really believe we are eating a vegetable.
Crafts for the kids...
First night of the reunion went off without too much of a hitch!
No comments:
Post a Comment