Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Melissa Makes A Duvet

Hello!  So I decided to take on a little sewing project.  I needed a project to lift my spirits.  I decided to sew a duvet for my bed. 
Above was my inspiration.  It's from West Elm but is not available anymore.  I love the little black polka dots against the white.  These polka dots are actually sewn in (swiss dot).  I couldn't find the exact fabric, and I even comtemplated actually sewing in the dots by hand.  Then I realized that was insane. 



 I found a polka dot fabric at my local fabric store and well, I made it.  And it doesn't look very impressive in the pictures now does it? Oh well, my project served my purpose: It makes me happy, and it was a good stress relief.


 Chloe doing her Tai Chi. Actually it is her Arabesque.  Two totally different countries. 





I have also decided that my room needs something more...lamps...and a bigger, more colorful piece of art over the bed.  I am sure Don will be happy to hear this. 

Oh and I also made this earring holder.  Got the idea from Pinterest. Not as pretty as the ones from Pinterest (is anything?) but  I was so sick of never being able to find matching earrings in my mess of a jewelry box. 


This blog post is so boring, I almost fell asleep.

3 comments:

ottspot said...

I am glad you found your project to be stress-relieving. My sewing projects end with me yelling at my machine and then packing away an unfinished project because I'm annoyed by it and don't want to look at it any more. What happened to the comforter you made?

M.M.M. said...

I still have my other comforter...I just like to.switch things out and rotate...I get bored. I might end up.having as many duvet covers as I do shoes.

M.M.M. said...

I still have my other comforter...I just like to.switch things out and rotate...I get bored. I might end up.having as many duvet covers as I do shoes.